Saturday, October 13, 2012
Big Idea Book
Last two pages:
Artist statement:
For my big idea I chose story. When I first approached this big idea I was thinking more in unspecific terms. To me all art tells a story. I created an image of a spiral staircase from two different view points. I used acrylic paint and photo transfer. The story I had in mind was life's ups and downs . Any viewer would bring their own experiences in and interpret this in their own way.
I emulated Kiki smith on my next page by utilizing a well known happy kids tale and portraying it with dark colors hinting at a different mood to the story. Kiki creates images based off fairy tales and puts in her own twist. She also approaches this big idea in a more open way in other works. She says that she will approach a piece with her own story in mind but Kees it open to interpretation from the viewer.
Kristin was my guest artist and really focused in on the setting and characters of a story. I brought it all back together with a India ink and water color image of a city street. This was meant to be a stage for a story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your big idea book about story looks like it benefitted from the contribution of your guest artist. You made some good connections with our tiger artist ideas too. I would like to see your artist statement where you reflect on the entire process.
ReplyDelete